Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 4 Nov 2010 16:11

i am trying to find information on a francis tinson born 1916 in clewer in windsor his mothers name was gertrude tinson born july 1894 in windsor his father was unknown , he dissapered after the war no one knew were he was or what happened to him he had a brother named herbert gorden tinson born in 1920 at slough.

Flick

Flick Report 4 Nov 2010 16:41

The full details of his name may prove helpful

Name: Francis J C Tinson
Mother's Maiden Surname: Tinson
Date of Registration: Apr May Jun 1916
Registration district: Windsor
Registration county: Hampshire, Berkshire
Volume Number: 2c
Page Number: 831

Flick

Flick Report 4 Nov 2010 16:42

No record on Ancestry of marriage or death

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Nov 2010 17:33

perhaps he emigrated lots did post WW2 There were many £10 POMs in the 1950,/60s etc

Pauline

Pauline Report 4 Nov 2010 19:07

he might have done do not no how to check this

Georgia

Georgia Report 19 Nov 2022 14:35

Hi Pauline.

I came across your message on one of the boards here today and although it was posted so long ago and hopeful that you still access this.

I am the great grandniece of Francis John Clifford Tinson born April 1916, as his father was my great grandfather, Clifford John Cox.
His mother Gertrude had to take Clifford to court to demand paternity and maintenance for him.
Francis was born in April 1916 and Clifford married another, Lilian Edith Gibbs in May 1916. They had another son soon after, John Cox. However, Clifford liked the ladies, and married again a year later (yes bigamy) when he married my great granny, Amy Coward, and they went on to have two more children in 1918 and 1920. Clifford was never there - he allegedly worked at sea?? - and soon after my granny was born he “disappeared” entirely and the family story was he drowned at sea. Obviously that story was before any of his actual double life was known. I have been trying to trace his true death for ten years. And it seems Francis is just as elusive too as can’t seem to find records of him beyond what I know either!
Would love to get in touch and find out how you are related to Francis and why you were also looking for him.
Regards
Georgia Barnes

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Nov 2022 14:40

Georgia
Pauline is unlikely to spot your post after all this time. However she is still a member and if you send her a pm by clicking on her name she will be informed by Genes ( as long as they have her current email address).

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Nov 2022 15:03

Gertrude, Herbert and Francis are on 1921 census, with the ages of the boys transposed, and Gertrude claiming to be married
Francis is listed as Francis John Alfred.............

Actual DoB for Francis 15th April 1916 (from his baptism record) - may help with pinpointing him

First name(s) Francis John Clifford
Last name Tinson
Birth date 15 Apr 1916
Baptism date 25 Jun 1916
Residence 7 St Leonards's Clewer Green
Denomination Anglican
Place Clewer
Year range 1911-1920
Mother's first name(s) Gertrude
Mother's last name Tinson
Father's first name(s) -

Name: Herbert Gordon Tinson