Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 Giddings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theresa

Theresa Report 20 Nov 2007 20:22

Hi
I'm trying to trace records of my Grandad and Great Grandad who served in the Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry. Their names were Jacob Elwyn Giddings and Elwyn Giddings from Lydiard Millicent. They both survived so there's no roll of honour for them and I can't find them in the pensions list so I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else I could look. My Grandad apparently went overseas during the war and we have some medals which were his but that's it.
Look forward to any help you can offer.
Thanks
Theresa

Linda

Linda Report 20 Nov 2007 20:46

Hi Teresa

There are medal cards on Documents on line for J E Giddings and Elwyn Giddings. They are £3.50 to download but you can see their army numbers without paying and as you have some medals it might help.

Lin

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 20 Nov 2007 22:17

Their service records, if they survive, will be at National Archives, Kew. They are gradually being added to Ancestry, so they may appear sometime soon.

Theresa

Theresa Report 23 Nov 2007 19:01

Lynda
Thanks very much for your help
Theresa

Theresa

Theresa Report 23 Nov 2007 19:01

Ann
Thanks very much
Theresa