Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gordon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lyndsey

Lyndsey Report 8 May 2007 13:39

Hello trying to find decendants of William Gordon 1768-1852 who married Mary 1774-1854, thought to be living in Scotland then moved over to Ireland with their family,

They had two son's Alexander 1795-1841,Robert Archie 1802-1881. Robert married Susanna McRacken1802-1881,and they had four sons.

Alexander,William and Robert 1836-1903. Robert married Jane Knox (whos family still live in northern Ireland).

They had six children Susanna, Mary, Robert, Alec, Archie, and Willy Jhon. Archie 1881-1957 did marry but I do not have her name. Archie had four children Mervyn, Jean, Russel and Doris. Doris still lives in Annalong.
Willy Jhon (William) married Margaret Kernaghan.

Willy Jhon and Margaret had seven children Robert, Margaret, Victor, Wilbur, Alec, Beulah and my grandad Francis Lloyd (known as Cecil by family and friends).

As far as I know most of my grandads family come form Annalong a harbour village in Northern Ireland. Robert and Jane moved in to Ivy Cottage and the rest of the family including my Grandad lived there at some point.

I have also just foud out that Alec 1911-1984 married a Doreen Gordon. They had two daughters one I think was called Anne, and a son David. Alec and Doreen moved to Canada (not sure when). Last known address in 2007 was Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada.

I have also just found out that some more family moved to Canada.

My fathers second cousin is Gareth and works in a radio company in ireland.

If any one can help please contact me as I'm not getting very far.
Thank you,
Lyndsey