Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2x gt grand parents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 21 Nov 2007 18:19

I'm looking for the ancestors of Margaret Jane Green born c 1850, her father was Henry Green born c 1822, she was married on 06/07/1873 Lambeth Surrey to Horatio Taylor born 27/09/1851 Wimbledon Surrey

SueS

SueS Report 21 Nov 2007 19:18

Jenny, I think you've made a mistake with Margaret's birth year of 1860...she would have been 13 when she married ;)

The 1881 says she was born 1851 in St Lukes Middlesex...found this family on 1861 census

1861 England Census
about Margaret Green
Name: Margaret Green
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1850
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Henry
Mother's Name: Margaret
Where born: S Lukes City Road, London, England

Civil Parish: Lambeth

Condition as to marriage: View
Household schedule number: 176
Household Members: Name Age
Elizabeth Green 9
Emily Green 7
Henry Green 39
Lucy Green 1
Margaret Green 39
Margaret Green

Jenny

Jenny Report 21 Nov 2007 21:09

Thanks Sue,
I have that info & 1841 census but it is Margaret's parents & beyondthat I am having trouble with.
Jenny

SueS

SueS Report 22 Nov 2007 11:09

Jenny

as you didn't mention that you knew her mother's name was Margaret, my assumption was that you just knew about Henry from her marriage certificate and that you were trying to find more parental details. There have been a few comments on the Tips Board recently about how much information you shoud give when asking for help so that members do not waste their time looking for information that you already have. Just a gentle reminder for future requests.

Sue

Jenny

Jenny Report 22 Nov 2007 18:20

Sorry Sue, it was my first attempton the message board. Jenny

SueS

SueS Report 23 Nov 2007 11:55

Jenny

I hope you continue to use the message boards and get lots of help but you now realise it can be frustrating for someone to search for info that you already have. The more relevant info you give the better.

Sue