Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michelle Stewart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Jul 2006 22:19

miss ethel hill hello im trying to find any information about a miss ethel hill she was probably born c 1889 and had links with peterborough around 1910 i know that she was engaged to an arthur james blackham who was born 1889 in peterborough .he went to canada and worked on the trains/trams there he planned to return to peterborough and make ethel his wife and live with his married sister alice ethel marsh nee blackham but he was on board the doomed liner the empress of ireland when it sank in the st lawrence river in canada 1914 her picture and name was printed in a peterborough newspaper after her fiancees death at sea i am the great grandaughter of arthurs brother christopher blackham and would love to find any living relatives of ethel hill or her family to share the photos etc but i really wish to find out what happened to her after his death and maybe find a happy ending to this tragic tale if anybody knows anything or anybody connected to this young lady please could they get in touch with me thankyou michelle stewart nee blackham