Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hodgson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 20 Aug 2007 09:34

Hello, I have a bit of a dilema with my family tree! My dad recently went to put a gravestone on my Gt Gran (Annie May Preston, Married my Gt Grandfather Thomas Curtis Hodgson) When my dad went to Lancashire council to find where the plot was he was told that there was two people buried in the plot. The other person was a Sarah Hodgson born 1885 died age 33, so died in 1933. We have no idea who Sarah Hodgson is, we have theories, one being that she is a sister of my Gt Grandfather, but would make her born in the same year as one of his brothers Richard Hodgson, so either a twin or just very close pregnancies, but she is not mentioned in records or anything, so that theory is flawed. The other theory is that she is my Gt Grans second husbands 1st wife. I'm not sure about this theory, as in those days the husband would have been buried with the 2 wives, but John Hodgson (my step Gt Grandfather) isnt buried with them. Im not sure how to find if any of these theories are true or how to find out who Sarah Hodgson is, so any help form anyone would be fantastic. Thanks for reading my wee story! Vicky

Rhoda

Rhoda Report 23 Nov 2007 10:47

hi vicky

could it be a paupers grave and the women just a stranger and in no way conected to you.

we have been looking up graves for people in our tree and we came across some that have total strangers with them.

hope this helps.

juma

juma Report 23 Nov 2007 16:44

It would help if you gave a town so someone could do some look ups. If she was b1885 died aged 33 her death would be 1918. Probably was her married name Hodgson and there are a few Sarah's married to Hodgson in Lancs !900-1918 so but location of grave could help.