Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Henry Howells

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 21 Jun 2009 20:40

Hi, trying to find William Henry Howells born 1888 Begelly even though in the 1891 census he is with his granparents in carew Pembrokeshire. In 1901 census he is a servent in Llanstadwell pembrokeshire even thou he is listed as being born in America, His parents went to America and his brother Robert was born there but William was born here. His parents were George and Eleanor Howells I can not find him anywhere after the 1901 census. Did find a marriage between a William H and a Gladys but this is not my William. Any help appreciated.

jansmith

jansmith Report 21 Jun 2009 21:43

have you tried 1911 census ,you can search for free but need credits to open the pages

jansmith

jansmith Report 21 Jun 2009 21:49

have you got any children for him?

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 21 Jun 2009 22:43

Hi Jan,

I have tried the 1911 census but come up with no matches for William Howells think i may be doing something wrong. I have no children for him as I can find nothing on him after he was about 13-14 years old. He is one of 11 children and is the brother of my great grandmother he is the only one I am unable to trace.

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 24 Jun 2009 13:34

beginning to wonder if he died in the 1st world war!

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 4 Jul 2009 07:51

have look through war records can,t find him there either really have hit a brick wall here!!