Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Howells

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Reese

Reese Report 3 Feb 2007 03:50

My name is Reese Hughes, born in Florida in 1982 to Jacqueline and Raymond Hughes. Raymond change his name from Howells, he has a sister called Val, a brother called Peter, a brother called Terry and a brother called Ricky. I don't have and never have had any contact with Ray but do with Peter and Val. I am trying to find out more information about this side of my family especially Tony and Sharon who are 2 of Ray's children from a previous marriage before my mum. I'm not sure whether their surname is Hughes or Howells as I'm not sure when he changed his surname or when they were born (my guess is late 60's / early 70's) My grandfather was always known as Bill but his name was actually Dilwyn Courtney Howells and was born October 10th 1920. Although originally from Wales the family was generally from the Watford (Herts) area. I know that Ray was born in 1948 in and Peter in 1954. Look forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 May 2010 12:11

Jackie, as this thread is 3 years old Reese might not come back to it. You could also try sending him a message (click on his name).
Have you tried searching other peoples' trees for common relatives? Use "search trees" box above.
Good luck!
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 May 2010 12:15

There is also an ancestry tree with the same family as Reese - are you a member?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 May 2010 21:16

Ancestry is a separate site altogether. I think your best plan as you are new is to concentrate on your own research as much as you can - ask for help if you get stuck.
Number one rule - start with what you know!
Jan