Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Howells

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 19 Nov 2004 20:13

looking for anyone who has links to George Howells, born in Shropshire c1856/7. He was a miner, and listed on the 1881 census at Lofthouse gate (aged 25). He had married a Jane Taylor from Sheffield around 1880 (she is listed on the 1881 census at 14 Stevenson Road Sheffield, with her three month old daughter Beatrice. The head of the household is Mary Howells, aged 58 , born in Liverpool. I have always assumed she is George's mother. Jane and George went on to have children George, Percy (my g.grandfather), Ida and Edith. I know he had a sister, but do not know if there were other siblings. Also at the address at 14 Stevenson Road on census night were Mary's grand daughters Alice A Howells, aged 4, born Sheffield, and Sarah A Howells aged 8, born Shropshire. I don't think they are George's children. There is a visitor Eliza Oldfiled aged 28, born Shropshire, I wonder whether she is George's sister? Grateful for any additional information.