Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HUNTER MARY NEE MCCLUSKEY

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 10 Jan 2009 16:18

I am trying to find my mother mary mccluskey born lanarkshire 10 February 1937 one of 17 children daughter to john mccluskey and bridget sullivan nee mccluskey. She married my father charles hunter and had 4 children myself 1 other daughter and 2 sons and became mary hunter she came to london 1965 if any one has any information on her where abouts her daughter and sons would love to know

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2009 16:36

this seemed a little familiar = have checked and there is someone else looking for a Mary McClusky - have found it and pushed it to the top on Surname information - probably wonlt stay at the top for long though

it's by Officebirdy and under the name O'Brien

Ann

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Jan 2009 16:37

Do you know Brenda who a a Mary McCluskey 1937 Lanarkshire in here tree, and idea if she has a middle name or divorced or remarried.
When was last contact with her ?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2009 20:55

n

Carol

Carol Report 10 Jan 2009 21:17

We are led to believe her middle name was philomena i have had little contact with brenda as she has not been back on since the time i started on here thanks

Carol

Carol Report 10 Jan 2009 21:25

also she had 16 brothers and sisters . my mother mary her sisters MARGARET AND AGNES WHERE PLACED IN A CATHOLIC RUN HOUSE CALLED NAZARETH HOUSE,CARDONALD ROAD she also has a sister bridie and francis

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2009 21:29

have you thought about approaching Nazareth House?

Carol

Carol Report 10 Jan 2009 21:42

hi ann just contacted nazereth house was informed this was a childrens home and it closed over 30 years ago they do not hold any records there but do hold records in hammersmith london i will email them now see if they can give me more info ie full date of birth etc have emailed hopefully i will get some good information

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2009 21:46

how about catholic churches local to where she lived - RCs are usually very good about attending church - not like us C of E people!! - you never know, you may be able to find a contact through a priest - worth a try

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2009 21:47

also telephone directories - telephone directories for the UK are apparently held in local libraries

Jean

Jean Report 10 Jan 2009 22:07

Hi Carol, just looked at your latest posting, i live near hammersmith so if you want me to go along to Nazareth House and make enquries i can do this. regards jean

Carol

Carol Report 10 Jan 2009 22:15

Jean that would be a tremendous help thank you so much thanks to everyone who is helping me its much appreciated

Jean

Jean Report 10 Jan 2009 22:17

carol, i have pm'd you

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2009 22:19

we're all with you Carol hoping you find her!!! just hang in there

Carol

Carol Report 10 Jan 2009 22:38

n

Carol

Carol Report 10 Jan 2009 22:58

n