Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anthony Hunter born about 1790

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Niel

Niel Report 7 Aug 2008 13:47

I'm trying to locate the birthplace for Anthony Hunter born approximatley 1796 who married Jane Raw possibly 1816-17 in Swaledale and his trying to find actual birth date and when he was baptised.I am keen to find out who his parents were and where the were from.
Many thanks.

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 7 Aug 2008 13:51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANTHONY HUNTER Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Marriages:
Spouse: JANE RAW Family
Marriage: 18 MAY 1820 Bolton Castle Cum Redmire, Yorkshire, England

Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.

Catherine

Catherine Report 7 Aug 2008 13:52

Marriage:-

ANTHONY HUNTER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 18 MAY 1820 Bolton Castle Cum Redmire, Yorkshire, England
Spouse: JANE RAW

Catherine

Catherine Report 7 Aug 2008 13:52

Snap!

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 7 Aug 2008 14:04

is this the family in 1851.

Name: Anthony Hunter
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1792
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Jane
Where born: Askrigg, Yorkshire, England

Civil Parish: Askrigg
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View Image

Registration district: Askrigg
Sub registration district: Askrigg
ED, institution, or vessel: 9a
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 63
Household Members: Name Age
Anthony Hunter 59
Jane Hunter 60 carperby
John Hunter 14 askrigg
Robert Hunter 27 askrigg

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 7 Aug 2008 14:10

JANE RAW Pedigree
Female

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 27 JUL 1794 Bolton Castle Cum Redmire, Yorkshire, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: ISAIAH RAW Family
Mother: MARY

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Niel

Niel Report 9 Aug 2008 20:50

Yes that's our ancestors however 1841 is the furthest point back I can trace them for definite at the moment. I think the census for 1841 only states Anthony Hunter " head " born in county of Yorkshire YES and his occupation. I have Anthony and Jane's children, it's his parents I'm keen to find.

I never knew there were hosiers working in the village until I began my research it's possible they had a weaving shed or room at home.

Catherine

Catherine Report 9 Aug 2008 22:22

As children were often called after their parents I tried for a marriage for Anthony Hunter in Yorkshire 1790 +/- 10yrs and found the following.

Anthony Hunter - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 05 FEB 1785 Bedale, Yorkshire, England
Spouse: Jane Elizabeth Marshall

I know it's clutching at straws, but it's always worth keeping in mind.

Catherine

Catherine Report 9 Aug 2008 22:35

Did you know about Sarah? As she wouldn't be on the 1841 census, here she is:-

SARAH HUNTER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 19 AUG 1821 Askrigg, Yorkshire, England
Gender: Female Christening: 24 DEC 1826 Askrigg, Yorkshire, England
Death: 08 JUN 1826
Father: ANTHONEY HUNTER
Mother: JANE

and their was also Robert:-

ROBERT HUNTER - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 02 MAR 1823 Askrigg, Yorkshire, England
Father: ANTHONEY HUNTER
Mother: JANE

Niel

Niel Report 16 Aug 2008 10:17

Thanks Catherine, they had two daughters named Sarah the first one died young so the second one was named after her. I guess the name may have some importance to family naming patterns. Jane's mother I think was named Mary but she may have had a sister Sarah or then again it could be an aunt from her father's side. Will keep it in mind .