Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find my great great grandmother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 17:29

hi iam trying to find my great great grandmother caroline slandert hunter parents i have got information on caroline's married and who she married to this lady is very hard to trace i know when she married and she had two children one of them was my great grandfather.
Also iam trying to find caroline daughter ann robinson who was born 1853 in creckenwell middlesex the information that i need is if ann married and if she had any children.
any help would be most grateful because i have blanks in my tree with these two lady and their familys
regards susan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 17:32

if she married post 1837 then the marriage cert should name her father
Name: Caroline Slandert Hunter
Year of Registration: 1841
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Clerkenwell
County: Middlesex
Volume: 3
Page: 72

presume this is her hubby

Thomas Robinson 1841 Clerkenwell Middlesex

K

K Report 14 Mar 2009 17:34

Do you have her marrriage cert which would list her father

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1841 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOCKING George Clerkenwell 3 72
GREEN Henry Clerkenwell 3 72
HARVEY Hannah Clerkenwell 3 72
>>HUNTER Caroline Slandert Clerkenwell 3 72
MORTIMER John William Clerkenwell 3 72
PRIDDLE Margaret Clerkenwell 3 72
>>ROBINSON Thomas Clerkenwell 3 72
SMITH Elizabeth Clerkenwell 3 72

K

K Report 14 Mar 2009 17:36

Possible from Family Search

CAROLINE STANDERT HUNTER Pedigree
Female

Event(s):
Birth: 06 JAN 1811

Christening: 06 FEB 1811 Saint Marys, Portsea, Hampshire, England
Parents:
Father: JOHN HUNTER Family
Mother: AMELIA ANNA

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 17:36

hi shirley, i,m getting the hang of it
she was marreid in 1841 in creckenwell middlesex my great grandfather was born barbodos in 1849 and his sister was born in 1853 in creckenwell middlesex she married a thomas robinson
regards susan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 17:42

1851 census
Name: Caroline Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1818
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: Thomas
Where born: St Pancras, Middlesex, England

Civil Parish: St Pancras
County/Island: Middlesex

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View Image

Registration district: Pancras
Sub registration district: Kentish Town
ED, institution, or vessel: 12
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 108
Household Members: Name Age
Thomas Robinson 42 b Gaston? lancashire
Caroline Robinson 33 b St Pancras Middlesex
Edwin Robinson 4 b Barbados
Ann H Robinson 1 b Clerkenwell middlesex

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1498; Folio: 527; Page: 24; GSU roll: 87831.

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 17:42

hi k
yes her husband was thomas robinson
sorry i forgot to put that in my message my head is all over the place at the moment i keep forgetting to put information that have in my threads sorry about that.
regardsusan

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 17:47

hi shirley i,m,getting the hang of it
sorry to tell you have got that information as i said to k my head is all over the place at the moment
i will tell you now what information i have got on caroline i know who she married and her children i have got her in the census up until 1861 after that i don't know if she died and thomas married again or not caroline has had me pulling my hair out at times.
i am sorry that i didn't give you the information early
regards susan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 17:49

Susan they married in Clerkenwell Middlesex Reg district not Creckenwell
As I said you should get her marriage cert which hopefully will name her father,
Slandert too seems like a surname that has been handed down ,May be her mums maiden name but you would need to find the parish record of her baptism and then her parents marriage to cross check this

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 17:53

do you think that freebmd.org will have the information that i need about caroline because i have been given two date of birth for this lady one 1811 and one in 1818.
regrads susan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 18:06

well the 1851 census gives her birth as 1818
Would think her marriage cert would say of full age because she was over 21 when she married.
Have you got the marriage cert .if not its the next step i would say as hopefully will name her father & his occupation AND you might find him on the 1841 census
We have quoted the GRO ref from FreeBMD which you will need to get the cert

Edit I Know you have this but for info for others she is still shown as 1818 on the 1861
Name: Caroline Robinson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1818
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: Thomas
Where born: London, Middlesex, England

Civil Parish: Weedon Beck
County/Island: Northamptonshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage: View Image

Registration district: Daventry
Sub registration district: Weedon
ED, institution, or vessel: 10
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 288
Household Members: Name Age
Thomas Robinson 53 occ Lab small arms dep,t
Caroline Robinson 43
Edwin Robinson 14
Annie Robinson 11

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 942; Folio: 137; Page: 48; GSU roll: 542724
and she still says she was born Middlesex

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 18:35

hi shirley i,m, getting the hang of it
sorry it took so long to anwser you i had to get my childrens tea.
I will order her marriage certificate is the gro ref on the bottom of the messgae what you sent me sorry a bit new to odering marriage certificate and birth certificate.
I think i will be grey by the time i have finish with tjis lady
regards susan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 18:58

this is the GRO ref (copied from my reply above)
Name: Caroline Slandert Hunter
Year of Registration: 1841
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Clerkenwell
County: Middlesex
Volume: 3
Page: 72
you only need to name her and give the GRO ref where asked for.
order from www.gro.gov.uk

you have to register on the site then follow the order form ,dont forget to tick the box on the first page that asks if the GRO is known, you only need to specify its a marriage cert .her name and then fill in the GRO in the boxes where asked for on about page 3 of the order form , it will ask year,quarter,reg district ,which is Clerkenwell,Volume nos which is 3,page nos which is 72. all this info is quoted in the above record
Certs cost £7 with the GRO ref

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 19:06

hi shirley i, m, getting the hang of it
thank you for your help this lady has been driving me mad.
do i go about the same way as in ordering her birth certificate because i have looked on freebmd.org to look for her birth but i can't find it on there or do i wait for her marriage certificate to come.
The other part to my trying to find tread is about her daughter ann she is another problem i have been having i have got the information of when she was born and where she was born just trying to find out about if she married or had any children.
Once again thank you for your help and i will keep you posted about caroline and what i find out about her.
regards susan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 20:17

Susan
There wont be a birth cert as registration didnt start till Sept qtr 1837. lots of births didn't get registered even then as people moved around a lot and it was the Registrars responsibility to round his area and record new births ,many got missed, so in 1875 it became Law that the Parents had to go to Register the birth ,they had 42 days ,ie 6 weeks, to do so and that is still the Law now.
So you wont find a birth cert for Caroline what you may find is the Parish Record of her baptism, some records did also record the date of birth but this depended on how vicar keept his records.
If the parish record doesn't show on Family Search site then I,m afraid its a visit to the records office in London that will hold the records for St Pancras.I am sorry i dont know if that is the London Metropolitan Archives or elsewhere

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 20:33

OR!!! another thought .if you have a local Mormon church they will order in the parish records for you to look at at their church ,I think these are on microfiche but not sure as never done it!! I have heard that they make a small charge of about £3 for the service. you would need to identify possible churches she may have been baptised in. I find googling a help as you can find the names of churches in the areas and then whittle it down by which years the church opened ,you would only need those that she could have been baptised in around 1818.

Susan

Susan Report 14 Mar 2009 20:39

i don't think there is a mormon church near to where i live i live in essex but i will try googling.
So i will need to do a google in the areas around middlesex clerkenwell area
regards susan
P.S thank you for your help

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Mar 2009 22:47

she stated on the 1851 and 1861 census she was born St Pancras so you would need to looks at that area first

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 14 Mar 2009 23:06

As Ann is one on the 1851 census born Clerkenwell, this is the only Ann Robinson for that time.

Births Sep 1849
ROBINSON Ann May Clerkenwell 3 74

On th 1851 she's transcribed as Ann H. An "M" could easily be read as an "H".

Ozi.

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 14 Mar 2009 23:15

This is the only CLDS Family History Centre in Essex

Romford England
64 Butts Green Road
Hornchurch, Essex, England
Phone: 44 (0)170-862-0727
Hours: M 10am-4pm; T,W 10am-12pm, 7:30pm-9:30pm; Sat 10am-1pm
Note: These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.

Depending where you live there may be a closer one in an adjacent county.

Ozi.