Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Florence

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 7 May 2010 23:29

Can anyone help me to find anything about Florence Hunter born 1903 Ireland. emigrated to Australia around 1920-24 and returned 1928 but emigrated again to Australia 1938 or 1939.
Any help would be appreciated.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 8 May 2010 00:01

This one maybe?

Name: Miss Florence HUNTER
Date of departure: 1 February 1923
Port of departure: London
Passenger destination port: Sydney, Australia
Passenger destination: Sydney, Australia

Date of Birth: 1903 (calculated from age)
Marital status:
Sex: Female
Passenger recorded on: Page 20 of 23

Last address,,36 church street,egramont, Wallasay, cheshire

Ship..BARADINE

Have you tried searching the 1911 census in England or Ireland for her.?

patchem

patchem Report 8 May 2010 07:41

I cannot see an Irish Florence Hunter, 1903, on 1911 England census

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 8 May 2010 09:44

Maybe Florence in 1911 --jf she was born 1903

Residents of house number 32 in Willow Street (Falls (Belfast), Antrim)
Show all informationSurname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living
Hunter Robert S 33 Male Head of Family Curch of Ireland Belfast Goods Checker Railway Read and write - Single - - - -
Hunter Maria 67 Female Mother Curch of Ireland Co Tyrone - Read and write - Widow - - - -
Hunter Wm Alexander 10 Male Nephew Curch of Ireland Belfast Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Hunter Florence 8 Female Niece Curch of Ireland Belfast Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Hunter Violet 5 Female Niece Curch of Ireland Belfast Scholar - - Single - - - -

Please note the children are Niece and Nephew not daughters and son

You can search and view transcipts for 1911 Irish Census for free on

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 8 May 2010 21:46

Thank you everyone for the informationyou have uncovered for me . You have given me a start my search for Florence.Thanks also for the census site ..E

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 8 May 2010 22:12

You are welcome, Elizabeth, There are a number of Florence Hunter on the 1911 census for Ireland--you may be able to see something that "clicks" for the Florence you are looking for.

All the best with your research
Barbara x