Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Barrie / Barry Hunter Lancashire born c 1950

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 17 Apr 2011 13:18

I'm trying to find Barrie /Barry Hunter from the Liverpool area, born about 1950 give or take a few years. He was working at a Hotel in Preston during 1972, employed through the Northern Lifeline Agency in Liverpool, but I don't know the name of the hotel. I believe the family were Catholic and Barrie apparently had brothers. I can't find any obvious matches through the BMD's/ trees/ social networking sites. Does anyone have any tips? I'm thinking maybe a trip up North to search the 1970's electoral rolls?
Thanks in advance,
Jo

Flip

Flip Report 17 Apr 2011 14:45

I think a trip to search electoral rolls may be a waste of time. They are not indexed by name - you need an address - and Preston is a large area and some people don't even register to vote.

What is the Northern Lifeline Agency - I'm not getting anything obvious with a google search?

Joanne

Joanne Report 18 Apr 2011 11:44

Thanks for replying Flip. I couldn't find anything on the agency either, probably disbanded long ago. Perhaps going on the Catholic hunch it may be better to look at the baptism /mariage parish records first then. Or maybe try to find a listing of all the Hotels in the area at the time and just check those addresses.
Cheers,
Jo.