Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hunter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 5 Apr 2007 00:33

Hi Can anyone help? I cannot find anything at all on my Great Grandmother Annie Hunter born in South Shields about 1899 - married Charles Jager August 1919 and died July 1980. Her parents were William Hunter who was a Blacksmith and was down as deceased on Annies wedding certificate in 1919 and the mother was Jane. Ive tried the South Shields registrar - raked through Ancestry and FREE BMD. Any help would be much appreciated. Joanne x

sweetie78

sweetie78 Report 2 Sep 2007 23:13

Hi Joanne

Hope you dont mind me getting in touch, its something i always do with anyone who has hunter relatives in south shields, because i have an elusive hunter clan from south shields to. What caught my eye from your post was annies fathers name..william, i have a william in my tree that i know was living in south shields around that time, but he would be a young 17/18 to be your annies father... but to be honest that wouldnt suprise me from the info i have found so far about my lot....
I firstly looked for annies death, because in the 1980's they would put the persons D.O.b on the death register, i found annie jager died in the last quarter of 1980, and it said her date of birth was 13.3.1899.
So then i looked on bmd and the only annie hunter born in that area in that quarter of 1899 was annie isabella hunter but is actually registered to the tynemouth (northumberland) district, so you wouldnt find it at the south shields registry if thats the case.

Sorry if you already have the above info, but do get in touch if you have any of the info or you want anything clarifying.
I doubt from the info we are related,...but like i said i am always interested to know about local hunters....just in case because as i said my south shields lot are a nightmare to find anything out about them.

Helen