Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Frederick Robinson/Jaques

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

photocruiser

photocruiser Report 27 Jun 2009 14:48

I am trying to find any information about George Frederick Robinson Jaques b.1822 Westminster, bap.1825 Lambeth, son of Richard Jaques and Mary Ann Goater.

Does anybody have any information about this person. I only have records from 1851 census onwards and no nothing about his early life.

His occupation was master tailor and his father Richard was a compositor/printer.

Any information would be invaluable as I have now it the Wall!!
Cheers

photocruiser

photocruiser Report 27 Jun 2009 16:39

Thanks Barbara.
I've come across this entry before and did wonder if it could be the right one. I really need to find this persons baptism to check the parents names and to confirm if what I have is correct.
The marriage of Charlotte Jaques and George Robinson is quite well documented, and so I know who her father is. But Richard is never mentioned as a relation, so I cannot prove that this George is mine.
My George Frederick Robinson Jaques is quite an enigma and seems to change his name everytime there is a census. He didnt become consistant with his name until the 1871 census onwards.
I would love to find out if he had siblings or who his grandparents were.
Oh well, must make the trip to London now. I can't get any further until I do!!!
Cheers

Philip

Philip Report 15 Apr 2014 19:30

Any idea of the origin of your Mary Ann Goater or her date of birth?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Apr 2014 19:35

old posting Philip - you could try to make contact with photocruiser by clicking on his/her boardname to send a message via this site - if he is still a member with the same email address he will get the message