Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Jones, 1911, South Bank, Middlesbrough, his

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 24 Nov 2007 22:35

Hi i'm trying to find any information on my Fathers, father also named George Jones .

My father George Jones born 07/03/1911 - he had sister Margaret no details known

His mother Sabina, c1877
George Jones snr was her third husband.
she was formerly Adamson, (2nd husband) - daughter Gladys Adelaide Adamson
formerly Morton (first husband) - son Leonard Morton

her birth name Donnor.- this family traced and documented.

Unfortunately I have no information on my Grandfather George Jones senior - no birth or date of death, or information on where he was born.

They were probably married in Middlesbrough and he could have come from anywhere as there was a major influx of workers to the area when the docks and ironworks were built.

Any information would be very gratefully received.

Pete

Pete Report 24 Nov 2007 22:44

Perhaps the marriage certificate will give an age for George Jones and provide his father's name and occupation.

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Marriages Jun 1910 (>99%)

>>Adamson Sabina Middlesbro' 9d 944
>>JONES George Middlesbro' 9d 944
TAYLOR Laura Annie Middlesbro' 9d 944
WILKS Albert Bradley Middlesbro' 9d 944

Lynne

Lynne Report 24 Nov 2007 23:08

Many thanks Pete, will order certificate and carry on search from there.

Lynne