Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Kerridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 6 Aug 2007 22:29

Trying to find some information about my great grandad and his family, i never knew him. His name was Cecil Kerridge and was a Seargant in the Royal Suffolk Regiment, born in 1912 with his mum called Florence? He married Ethel Barber. Any information would be much appreciated Matt

Andrew

Andrew Report 24 Nov 2007 19:48

Matthew
Using the FreeBMD site at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

I searched for the birth of a Cecil KERRIDGE in 1912. There was Cecil CS KERRIDGE, birth registered in Blything Registration District, September quarter of 1912, reference 4a 2099. Fortunately, at this time, the mother's maiden name was also given in the indexes, so her name was PEARCE.

Looking then at the marriages for a KERRIDGE = PEARCE marriage in the years prior to 1912, the marriage of Charles H KERRIDGE to Florence I PEARCE was found, again Blything RD, in December quarter of 1910, ref 4a 2427.

I have 2 or 3 possibles for Charles H in my Kerridge database, but you could also get copies of the birth and marriage certificates which would tell you more also - the birth certificate would give both parent's names, the place of birth. The marriage cert would give the father's of both parties and their occupation, as well as the age of the parties (often of full age , ie 20 or over), and their residence and occupation, as well as the date and place of the wedding, and the names of thwe witnesses and the vicar.

Hope this is of use

Best regards

Andy Kerridge