Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Kerridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 11 Aug 2007 20:15

did henry kerridge born circa 1819,in essex marry elizabeth mecklenburgh in the early 1840s. while browsing on another family history site hints popped up for his family those for his parents were consistent with names already found in the census,but still single in 1841 and widowed by 1851 there was no reference for his wifes name; a search of bmd found a marriage in 1842 between an elizabeth mecklenburgh and henry kanidge is this henry kerridge mispelt in the the transcribing.aanyone know anything about this couple?

Andrew

Andrew Report 23 Nov 2007 23:30

Susan

Henry KERRIDGE was baptised 9 Apr 1819 at Purleigh, son of Joseph and Sarah KERRIDGE. He married 24 Jun 1842 at Purleigh to Elizabeth MECKLENBURGH, (she was a minor, born c1824, dau of Matthias). I extracted this from a transcript at the Society of Genealogists back in 1992. I have his surname in the transcript as KARRIDGE.

They had children: Susannah, Henry, Edward & Emma. I believe that Elizabeth died and Henry married again between 1861 and 1871 to an Ann E (born c1824 Barking).

Henry was a greengrocer, and died age 66 in the Union House Romford 28 Apr 1886.

Hope this helps - I have a lot more on this family which I am happy to share, but I am not, as far as I know, related.

Best regards

Andy Kerridge