Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marie Reece

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 24 May 2005 09:37

Did you know that there is really a 'Kingdom of Kippen' it is in the village of Kippen in Stirlingshire. There are lots of people living in this village with the surname Kippen and there is a lovely church with our family history. Kippen means tree stump and in this village there is an actual ancient tree stump (a grape vine I believe). My father John T Kippen always said he was a King and there was a castle in scotland that belonged to our family and we never believed him?????

Duncan

Duncan Report 24 Nov 2007 15:20

True that there is a village of Kippen in Stirlingshire, Scotland and name comes from there but as for king and castle, think it's a bit of fantasy on his part. Have Kippens in my tree.
Regards,
Duncan.