Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Langdale

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 13 Aug 2005 23:43

My gggrandmother was Jane Langdale b Meerut,East Indies in 1821. I have good reason to suppose her father served with the 11th Light Dragoons. The following Langdale children were born to a person(s) serving in the 11th about that time: George - Canterbury,Kent,England 1814 William - France 1816 Jane - Meerut,East Indies.1821 Elizabeth - Meerut 1823 John - Meerut. 1824 The locations are in keeping with the regiments movements. I have also found a Corporal William Langdale who fought with the 11th Light Dragoons under Captain Schneider at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815. Can anyone confirm that they all belong to one family and advise me when and where Corporal William Langdale was born and to whom?! There is also a record of a Mary Langdale who married in India in 1832- could she be an elder sister of Jane or even her mother remarrying on the death of her husband? Any help in pushing back the boundaries of my knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Philip

Philip Report 15 Apr 2014 19:44

Update!
Located William Langdale's 1830 will in the National Archives which links everyone mentioned above except for Elizabeth & John (who perhaps died in infancy). William's wife was Jane who pre-deceased him in 1826. Still to discover their backgrounds.