Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Lethbridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 20 Feb 2005 13:41

The name Lethbridge seems to have originated in either Devon or Cornwall, but in the 1600's there were many earlier versions of the name, so when searching also look at Leftbridge, Lethybrydge, Lethebridge, Leatherbrick, Lethybridg, Leatherbridge, and Leatherbreech. Also, when the name was copied from the handwritten 1881 and 1901 census returns and put onto microfiche, it sometimes got mis-spelt e.g. Leathbridge or Leihbridge. I thought several of my relatives had died in the late 1800s because of the mis-spelling! The most extensive Lethbridge family tree I have come across is Daphne Smith's, originating with John Lethybrydge in c1580 and Abraham Leatherbreech in 1623. It is enormous!

Julie

Julie Report 24 Nov 2007 13:46

John,

Hi I have John Lethbridge (rector of Jacobstowe) c1655 Jacobstowe Devon.

I would love to connect with other relatives.

[email protected]