Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jan-Maree McBain

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan-Maree

Jan-Maree Report 9 Oct 2004 12:40

I`m trying to find family of my great grandfathers. His name was Donald McBain, he was born in the parish of Alvie in Invernesshire, Scotland in 1843. He emigrated to Australia in 1874?, where he followed goldmining and was a hotel-keeper in Victoria Australia. He married my great grandmother Mary McEachren on 6th of June 1876. They emigrated to Otama, New Zealand in 1877. They had 5 daughters and 7 sons, all born in New Zealand.

Lynn

Lynn Report 22 Nov 2007 20:19

Hi Jan-Maree

I my G G Grandfather was called John McBain, he was born in Alvie 1839, he married a Catherine Smith,Parents William and Jessie McBain. I have got no farther back than that so far, we might have a connection, Alvie is not a big place.

Lynn