Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tracing a relative after 1920s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 6 Jul 2008 14:48

Would anyone know how to trace a person after 1920-23

I am trying to trace my grandfather William Morgan, I have all his army papers and he was discharged in 1915 on medical grounds.

The last time anyone heard about him was in Llanelli in 1920-23.
He fathered 2 children with Mable Follows (maiden name)Hooper (married name) they did not marry.

What would I need to find out next to try and trace him, I have plenty of details on his family prior to 1920 but he seems to have vanished. I cannot find him in the Death registry because I do not know when he died. He was born in 1894.in Cardiff.

I have hit a brick wall.
Cheers Pauline

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 6 Jul 2008 14:52

have you checked the deaths on freebmd?

Pauline

Pauline Report 6 Jul 2008 14:55

Hi,

I do not know when he died and I have looked but there are so many William Morgan's it is impossible to know which one.

Pauline