Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Morgan from Trefonen, Oswestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 8 Feb 2009 16:57

I have traced my family tree back to a Thomas Morgan who lived in Willenhall in the mid 1700's where the line goes cold. I have since found an old newspaper article which suggests that Thomas was born in Trefonen near Oswestry circa 1708-1710. I cannot find any records to confirm this - all I can find on IGI for Morgan in Trefonen is in the 1800's. Has anybody found Morgans in this area before 1710?

Thanks, Kim.

Kim

Kim Report 16 Sep 2009 15:09

I am still looking for any info on the Morgan family from Trefonen before 1710. I have tried looking in both England and Wales on the IGI as it is on the border but can't find anything. The parish website lists the church as being built in the 1800's so they won't have been baptised or married there. Any ideas where to look next?

Tracy

Tracy Report 29 May 2010 21:14

Hi Kim,
I have a Thomas Morgan that I am trying to trace but not that far back. Could you tell me a little more about your Thomas?

My Thomas was born roughly around 1855 had a son John who was born in 1889. Is any of this familiar? We are from around the midland area but who knows where we began?

Coincidently my name is Kym too

Would love to see where your line of Thomas came from?

Thanks Kym

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 21:42

old postings here - best click on Kim's name to try and make contact via GR