Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

eleanor morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 14 Apr 2009 16:40

eleanor (1872-1927) married william harston (1874) and lived in campden town area of london and went on to have at least nine children that i know of among them agnes, william, john, beatrice, frederick,robert,ernest louise the other still living but unable to tell me anything. What i can't find out is who eleanor,s parents were all i have is my mothers reference to a grandpa jo.This i presumed to be joseph but can find no trace of a joseph with a daughter in earlier cencus results. On one of her childrens ww1 death notice she is refered to as helena how can i send for her birth cert if i don't know her parents names

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 14 Apr 2009 16:48

Hi,

For ref:

1901 England Census
about Eleanor Harston
Name: Eleanor Harston
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1873
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: William R
Where born: Marylebone, London, England

Civil Parish: Islington
Ecclesiastical parish: St Silas Islington
County/Island: London

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: Islington
Sub registration district: Barnsbury
ED, institution, or vessel: 22
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 20
Household Members: Name Age
William R Harston 27
Eleanor Harston 28
Agnes Harston 8
William Jos Harston 6
John E S Harston 4
Fred Geo Harston 2
Robert Harston 8 months

Dee x

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 14 Apr 2009 16:50

Here's there marriage;

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1892 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HARSTEN William Rason Pancras 1b 55 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Morgan Eleanor Pancras 1b 55 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
RIVERT Herman Pancras 1b 55
Wolf Bertha Pancras 1b 55

If you buy the marriage cert it will confirm her fathers name and his occupation.

Dee x

Gillian

Gillian Report 14 Apr 2009 17:13

thankyou dee. for your trouble. Now with the approx date of their marriage i can send for the marriage cert and hopefully that will give me the info to carry on