Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert John Morgan (b c.1896)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MatMorrisParker

MatMorrisParker Report 9 Jul 2009 18:29

Hi All,
I've been stuck on this one for quite a while and tried searching with no luck, and was hoping someone can just throw some light on it and let me carry on.

I'm looking for ANY information for a Robert John Morgan born approx. 1896 (+/- 1 year), who is apparently from Saundersfoot/Stepaside, Wales - Haven't found any births in this area though.

He married an Annie Leviah Watkins in Ebbw Vale, Monmouthshire (registered in Bedwellty) in 1920 and died in 1968 also in Ebbw Vale.

Does any one know of any births within this sort of region (Saundersfoot - not Ebbw Vale) or know of any possible parents/siblings?

Thanks in advance

[Edit]: Although there are records of a Robert J Morgan in Ebbw Vale, several relatives believe he was from Saundersfoot.

cagsie

cagsie Report 9 Jul 2009 18:31

what name and occupation is given for his father on his marriage certificate?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Jul 2009 18:31

I take it you do not have the marriage cert for the name & occupation of his father

MatMorrisParker

MatMorrisParker Report 9 Jul 2009 18:33

Apologies, I don't have the marriage certificate, but am waiting for it. Barbara, I have found that already and it seems to match, but several relatives including his daughter and his son are certain he was from Saundersfoot.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Jul 2009 18:35

Perhaps he moved to Saundersfoot at an early age and thought he was born there

MatMorrisParker

MatMorrisParker Report 9 Jul 2009 18:37

Thanks. I've just told my mother (his granddaughter) and she said "Gunter" rings a bell, so it's possible this is the right line.

I've been pondering about the Robert J Morgan from Ebbw Vale for a while, but have been argued against, but now this seems to add up.

Thanks everyone =D

cagsie

cagsie Report 9 Jul 2009 18:45

the info found by barbara on the IGI was submitted by a member of the public and, so although not necessarily correct, does mean that someone else is researching him and his family, could be a long lost cousin