Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Morgan Taylor Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcia Martini

Marcia Martini Report 27 Oct 2009 09:27

Morgan / Taylor Shepparton Australia any marriages. My Grandfathers name was James Norman Taylor he renamed himself James Norman Morgan taking either his mothers maiden name or Grandmothers maiden name as his new surname Morgan. His father I beleive was Samuel Taylor from Shepparton & he had a number of brothers & sisters. Any clues appreciated. Thanks Colleen Marcia

Valerie

Valerie Report 28 Oct 2009 01:24

....the VIC State Library has an 'Ask a Librarian' service (on-line) ..they will check the electoral rolls (Shepparton areas) ......just give them the year/s when he/they should appear. ...Valerie (WAus)

Valerie

Valerie Report 28 Oct 2009 02:17

ps ....just noticed on the 'National Archives of Aus.': Alan James Taylor b11/10/1921 Shepparton enlisted in Melbourne - father: Samuel Taylor. ........ The 'VIC State Library' also helps with checking newspaper death notices etc. ....Valerie (WAus)

Marcia Martini

Marcia Martini Report 30 Oct 2009 08:27

Hi Valerie, Thank you so much for your assistance, I have never used a notice board before so had no idea how to pick up return replies let alone answer your note to me. Thankfully a kind helper on this site, someone called Cynthia, emailed me with a HOW to check & reply. So thanks to you I now have a leed on one of Samuels offsprings. My Dad who is 97yrs is very excited at the prospects of learning more about his grandparents & his fathers sibblings. I will follow up on Allan James Taylor b 11/10/1921 who I think may be a nephew of my grandfather James Norman Taylor. I think perhaps his fathers name was Samuel & brothers name was Samuel & this Allan James may well have been his brothers son, given Allan's DOB. I will certainly follow up on this clue. Thanks so much for replying. Regards Colleen Marcia

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 1 Nov 2009 08:56

Surname: TAYLOR
Given Names: Allan James
Father: Samuel
Mother: Emma
Death Place: COBR
Year: 1980
Reg Number: 22104
Event: D

There were children born to Samuel Thos TAYLOR and Emma Albertine NICKELSON/NICHOLSON (d. 1934 aged 42) in Shepparton in the late 1910s so I think they may be Allan's parents. Emma was born in Kilmore in 1892 and died in Mooroopna.

A Samuel Thos TAYLOR was born in Shepparton in 1889 to Samuel and Mary Ann nee SUTHERLAND (reg 26243). He had a brother named Wm Hy b. 1888 also in Shepparton. But I can't find any other siblings.

Do you know when/where James married/died?