Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please can anyone help me find my G Grandfathers M

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 26 Jun 2010 19:37

Hi
I am trying to find my G Grandfathers death record. The only thing is I know very little about him other than he died in WWII and I am pretty sure that he was in the Army. I have looked through Genes Military records and there are a number if John Morgans. My question is how do I find the right one? He was living in Tamworth Staffs at the time of the war, would this have a bearing on which regiment he was in? I just don't know where to start. I have his birth certificate and his marriage certificate but would love to know where and when he died?? Can anyone please help. Thank you

Mike *

Mike * Report 26 Jun 2010 19:40

His next of kin would be on his military records.
As you already have his birth and marriage records you obviously know his age too, which would also narrow your search down.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Jun 2010 19:43

When was he born? When and who did he marry? Sometimes it gives names of relatives

Kay????

Kay???? Report 26 Jun 2010 19:44

Did he marry while a serving soldier as this will help as his service number should be on his marriage certificate.plus his fathers name also his age,and address.

where he lived wont have much bearing on the regiment as they were assigned to what regiment he army put them,,,,his records can be applied for my his next of kin,,a son, daughter or wife.

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 26 Jun 2010 19:48

you would do better searching on the official site rather than GR.

Here is the link to the CWGC, if you are lucky when you look at the record his parents/wife maybe named, but this is not always listed.

http://www.cwgc.org/debt_of_honour.asp

George

Kay????

Kay???? Report 26 Jun 2010 19:51

I have looked George and there are suprislingly no John Morgans WW2 or should it read WW1?

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 26 Jun 2010 20:02

Kay

You are right, i must admit when i looked there were loads, but i didnt read the name correctly left off the "S" just put Morgan.

Sorry about that.

Makes you wonder though, if his details are not on the CWGC site what happened to him? but as you say is it WW1
George