Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Info needed Please..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 21 Sep 2010 09:31

Looking for a Catherine M Morgan who married Christopher H Owers in Pontypool in 1963, They had a daughter Michelle Lynn in 1967.

Also have another Morgan who married in to the Owers family.....Emma Morgan bn abt 1859 Varteg Monmouthshire married Charles Owers. Their marriage cert state her father was Abraham. This is all the info i have and would be grateful if someone could be so kind to help me in my search for this family....Thankyou Julie

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2010 09:38

For the recent relatives I would try Friends Reunited, Facebook, electoral register.

As far as I can tell Varteg is in the pontypool area - there is this Ancestry entry but the birth year is rather out.. Do you have Abraham's occupation? This one is a collier.

1861 Wales Census

Name: Emma Morgan
Estimated birth year: abt 1852
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Abraham Morgan
Mother's Name: Catherine Morgan
Where born: Trevethin, Monmouthshire, Wales

Civil Parish or Township: Trevethin
Ecclesiastical parish: Abersychan
County/Island: Monmouthshire

Registration district: Pontypool
Sub-registration district: Pontypool

Abraham Morgan 30
Catherine Morgan 44
Mary Morgan 12
Emma Morgan 9
Nathaniel Morgan 6
Elias Morgan 3

Jan

Julie

Julie Report 21 Sep 2010 09:40

Yes...this is him, he was a collier...Thankyou..

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2010 09:42

Must have lied about her age then. A woman's prerogative!
Jan