Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ivor Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah Anne

Sarah Anne Report 25 Mar 2011 23:25

I believe Ivor was the son of Harold Grant Morgan who lived in South Africa during his youth. Harold was the son of Leopold Randall Morgan and Beatrice Grant who certainly died in South Africa in the 1940s. Harold was born about 1910/1911. After the second world war nothing more is know by the family and what happened after Leopold and his wife died to either Harold and his son who it is believed was called Ivor. Leopold was born in Croydon, Surrey, England and married Beatrice Grant whose sister married Leopold's brother also called Harold. We do not know if Harold and his son Ivor stayed in South Africa or moved to another country.
Any info would be very helpful

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 25 Mar 2011 23:39

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Harold Grant Morgan
Name: Harold Grant Morgan
Arrival Date: 19 Apr 1922
Birth Year: abt 1911
Birth Location: England
Birth Location Other: croydon
Ethnicity/RaceĀ­/Nationality: English
Port of Departure: Southampton, England
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Olympic
Search Ship Database: Search the Olympic in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

with leopold, bank agent and beatrice resident S A,

Sarah Anne

Sarah Anne Report 26 Mar 2011 21:57

Sorry I did mean Leopold Reynolds Morgan. I do have this info about Leopold, Beatrice and Harold but after 1944 I know nothing more about Harold and his son who I think was called Ivor. I have searched the ancestor.za site but nothing has shown up so wonder if he moved from South Africa after this date. English relatives do not know any more than this.
Thanks for all your help