Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jesophat

Jesophat Report 18 Apr 2007 13:13

Hi , my name is Joe and I'm looking for descendents of the following family of Morgans.
Census 1871 James Morgan b 1829 +/- m Elizabeth ? b 1831. James b in Herefordshire, Colehanger?? and Elizabeth in Eaton Bishop.Their issue as follows-------:-
Charles b 1853 Eaton Bishop.
George b 1861 Madley.
Elizabeth b 1862 Madley.
Eliza b 1865 Madley.
Rose b 1867 Madley.
Census 1881. Elizabeth was on her own but she had a couple of extra kids, namely------:-
Alice b 1872 Madley.
Agnes b 1875 Madley.
Somewhere between 1875 and 1881 James passed away.I know nought of the Morgans until Roseannah turned up and married my grandfather Joseph Potter.In the 1871 census my grandmother was called Rose, the 1881 it was Rosa and on the Census 1901. it was Roseannah. The ages and birth places all fit in. Roseannah migrated to Western Australia in on 27 Feb 1914 on the Demosthenes. Does anyone out there have these members on their tree or know of them? I would be most pleased to hear fm you all. I would dearly love to fill in the large gap of family members in the UK or even possibly any that may have also migrated to Aust in the intervening yrs.
Alice may have married a Mr Dobbs (Oct-Dec qtr 1914)She was found in Kingstone Herefordshire in 1891 visiting her sister Eliza Macklin(lyn) and BIL Henry Macklin(lyn).
Tks to you all Joe.