Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 6 Feb 2006 11:33

looking for any Morgans who hail from Aberdare, particularly Gadlys street, Ann street, Hirwaun rd. my Morgans were all from these roads and the houses tended to be passed down through the generations. are there any Morgans still around these streets? may be connected if you can trace the family back to these areas.

Colin

Colin Report 14 Sep 2007 17:03

Hi Jane,
Not sure if I can help but I am also looking for Morgans from Aberdare. I have an Evan Thomas Morgan dob1889 who married an Elizabeth Ann Morris dob 1891.
His dad was Evan Morgan dob c1855.
Apart from knowing they were all from Aberdare, I have drawn a blank. Do you have any more information?
Regards,
Colin

Julie

Julie Report 7 Oct 2007 14:14

HI Jane
Lots of my family hail from south wales the valleys specifcally from Porth,who in particular are you trying to find?
Julie

Jane

Jane Report 7 Oct 2007 19:52

Hi Colin and Julie,
Colin, sorry they dont connesct with mine. My Evan Morgan (from that era) was born 1863 and didn't name any of his children Evan ;0(((
My Morgans lived in Gadlys Street Aberdare from before 1841 census, when Aberdare was only a tiny farming village, and I have been told there are still some there.On 1901 they were only in the streets I listed in my 2006 post :0))
I have found a few, but there are still some to discover.
The direct line that I knew all my life only moved out as far as Hirwaun.
Thanks both for replying x