Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annette

Annette Report 31 Aug 2005 18:32

I am still trying to trace my mother's side of family. My grandmother was Rose Ann Morgan born 25/8/1884 I believe Newland, Coleford, Glos. (The Platts??) also mentioned by family. She married William Charles Davis on 6/5/1909 in Coleford. They had 5 children plus 3 adopted. Lucy, Reginald, Ivy, William, Violet (my mother and youngest). Adopted were Les, Frank & Rose. Grandmother's father was Thomas Morgan born 1864c in Coleford and married Lucy Saunders December 1882c in Coleford. He owned the Opencast mines in Coleford (led to believe of course not sure how true ). Lucy's father was a vicar and she herself was a cripple & seamstress. Thomas & Lucy had four children - Rose (my grandmother) Ethel, Loveridge and Henry. Gr.G.Grandfather was James Morgan married to Selina James in June 1840, Coleford. She died 1873 December. They had 6 children I believe - Elizabeth, Fanny, Ellen, Benjamin, Thomas and Harriet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance