Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who knew my mother and father (Cheryl Morgan)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 27 Sep 2007 23:29

I am trying to find if there any relatives to my parents who unfortunately are both dead now. My father was Billy Morgan who was born in Aberdare Wales and my mother was Greta May Tew who I think was born in Wellingborough. My father had a sister called Betty (deceased) and a brother possibly called Milton (deceased) and has niece (living) Moya. My mother had a brother who died at 19 never knew his name and her mother and father both died at around 60 years old and I was never told their names.I think her father and mother come from Sheffield but may have got that wrong. I cant trace my famly tree as I dont know any more names. think my fathers mothers name was Hanna or Anna. Can anyone out there help ?? My mothers parents and brother are buried together at Wellingborough cemetery but cannot find out without their names.

Lewella

Lewella Report 28 Sep 2007 02:38

Okay, firstly is this your mother's death?

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005
about Greta May Morgan
Name: Greta May Morgan
Birth Date: 30 Sep 1928
Death Registration Month/Year: Oct 1999
Age at death (estimated): 71
Registration district: Kettering
Inferred County: Northamptonshire
Register number: A56D
Entry Number: 107

Lewella

Lewella Report 28 Sep 2007 02:42

Greta's birth:

Greta M. Tew
Registered last quarter 1928
District of Wellingbro'
Volume 3b Page 137
Mother's maiden name: Coleman

Lewella

Lewella Report 28 Sep 2007 02:46

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005
about Billy Morgan
Name: Billy Morgan
Birth Date: 14 Oct 1923
Death Registration Month/Year: Aug 1994
Age at death (estimated): 70
Registration district: Wellingborough
Inferred County: Northamptonshire
Register number: 39C
Entry Number: 137

Lewella

Lewella Report 28 Sep 2007 02:48

Billy's birth:

Billy Morgan
Registered last quarter 1923
District of Merthyr T.
Volume 11a Page 1472
Mother's maiden name: Watkins

Lewella

Lewella Report 28 Sep 2007 02:53

If you purchase the two birth certificates, it will give you the parents' names and ages. Let me know when you have them and I'll see if I can help you further.