Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Llewellyn Morgan, Cardifff @1900

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kirsten (Kiri)

Kirsten (Kiri) Report 30 Oct 2007 19:24

I am trying to find details and relations of Thomas LLewellyn Morgan (not sure date of birth). He could have been born in the Cardiff or Porthcawl area.
In 1917 he was shown as Thomas Leonard Morgan, colliery clerk, The Nook, Porthcawl.

In 1919/1921 he was shown as Thomas Llewellyn Morgan, a colliery clerk. of Archer Terrace,Penarth.

His wife was Elsie Louise Cater.
Children John Thomas Morgan 20/11/1917. Tom Morgan 18/09/1919
Any information would be useful. I have come to a complete stop with my research.

Thank You
Kiri Powell

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 30 Oct 2007 19:53

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1856

Morgan Thomas Llewelyn Merthyr Tydfil 11a 382

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1891

MORGAN Thomas Llewelyn Pontypridd 11a 465

Births Mar 1902

Morgan Thomas Llewelyn Merthyr Tydfil 11a 781

Births Mar 1907

MORGAN Thomas Llewelyn Lampeter 11b 26a

Births Jun 1908

Morgan Thomas Llewelyn Llandovery 11a 1327

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Oct 2007 21:06

Possibly the wife??

Births Jun 1887
Cater Elsie Louise ..Ross 6a 458

Gwyn

Kirsten (Kiri)

Kirsten (Kiri) Report 31 Oct 2007 18:48

Thank you for looking those up. I will definately follow up the Morgans and see if I can find a match.

The wife is a possibility I am considering, and her family in Ross on Wye are well recorded by the Mormons, but I don't suppose I will be that lucky.

Thomas and Elsie were my husband's grandparents, but his dad who is now dead, was unofficially adopted and we have no reason why or have no contact at all with the Morgan family. It would be great to find any aunts, uncles or cousins for my husband.

Thank you both,
Kiri Powell