Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Really need some help .. John Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

summer

summer Report 3 Jan 2008 21:15

Hello
I am hoping to find someone who is doing research on Morgans from Downpatrick Ireland and in Scotland as I am really at a standstill.

I am looking for the wife of John Morgan DOB 1819 who married I think in 1840, he is the father of william morgan dob 1841 who married a Margaret Quinn dob 1843 They married 8/5/1863 and had many children called jane,sarah,william,robert henry,john,mary.. I also dont have anything on the the parents of John Morgan who was born in Downpatrick.

I really would appreciate any help as I just cant go any further with this. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for reading

val1963

val1963 Report 3 Jan 2008 21:56

could these be connected to you?

Husband
THEOPHILUS MORGAN Pedigree
Birth:
Christening:
Marriage:
Death:
Burial:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife
JANE Pedigree

Birth:
Christening:
Marriage:
Death:
Burial:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Child

1. JOHN MORGAN Pedigree
Male

Birth:
Christening: 30 OCT 1788 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland
Death:
Burial:

Val

val1963

val1963 Report 3 Jan 2008 22:00

These are the children of :

Theophilus & Jane Morgan

1. JOHN MORGAN - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 30 OCT 1788 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland ****************as above

2. ROBERT MORGAN - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 25 MAR 1792 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland

3. ELINOR MORGAN - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 24 DEC 1797 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland

4. MARGARET MORGAN - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 24 JAN 1796 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland

5. MARGARET MORGAN - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 14 JAN 1801 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland

summer

summer Report 4 Jan 2008 17:49

Hi Valerie
Thank you for your response. I am unsure if these are connected or not , it is difficult to say as I am missing quite a lot of information.If the information I have for the correct children are right then some of these dates will not be the same.
I have Jane Morgan 10/4/1868
Sarah Morgan 17/12/1870
william morgan 28/1/73
Robert Henry Morgan 18/4/1875
I am missing dob for john,helen,martha,samual,mary and perhaps an Annie ?
THEOPHILUS MORGAN could be the father of my John Morgan but I dont know for sure have you any other information that could perhaps help ?
Thank you

val1963

val1963 Report 4 Jan 2008 21:24

Hi Raye,

I've found this But it's a Submitted Record

Your best bet is to see if someone on here has

any Parish Records for Ireland.and ask them for a

look up.

Husband
John Morgan Pedigree

Birth: About 1832 Of, Downpatrick, Down, Ireland
Christening:
Marriage: About 1855 Of Down Parish, , Down, Ireland
Death:
Burial:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Wife
Elizabeth Pedigree

Birth: About 1837 Of, Downpatrick, Down, Ireland
Christening:
Marriage: About 1855 Of Down Parish, , Down, Ireland
Death:
Burial:
----------------------------------------------------------
Children

1. Mary Morgan Pedigree
Female

Birth: 09 JUL 1857 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland
Christening: 15 JUL 1857 Down Parish, , Down, Ireland
Death:
Burial:

I've looked for the other Children and Wife of John
I can not find them.
Good luck in your search
Val

summer

summer Report 6 Jan 2008 11:11

Thanks for your reply, I put a message on the look up board for irleand and I actually got a lot of information which was brilliant.Try and have a look .
Thanks

Edna

Edna Report 30 Mar 2008 22:45

My Grandfather was John Morgan married anges Fagen. My Great Grandfather was John Alexander Morgan.

Jim

Jim Report 26 Jun 2009 22:40

Hi,

I've just come across your request posted 18 months ago!

One of William Morgan and Margaret Quinn's sons was Samuel Morgan, whose daughter Martha (Mattie) is my great Aunt (by marriage to my g Uncle). She is still alive and well and I met with her and her son Richard last week - when I learnt of her Dad's existence. We're planning to get together again soon, so I'm trying to gather as much of her family background as possible - I've already collected about 40 Morgans from various censuses and family trees. I've added a few to my genes tree, and I'll add the rest in the next few days.

I've given you access to my tree - what do you think?

Regards,

Jim.

dutch

dutch Report 28 Jun 2009 13:03

Hi Raye
dont know weather my lot are any conection with your Morgans,my g.grandrew father was Andrew Bennett Morgan born in Scotland and his Father was James Morgan also born in Scotland in the areas of ,Midlothian and Alloa,Clackamann,and my Dads brother brother his second wife was Magaret Hourihan her father was Paterick Cornelius Hourihan,Margaret married Qunni ,before she married my dads brother,Kenneth Malcolm Morgan but also his name was Malcolm Kenneth morgan .why he turned it other way wrong nobody knows,but i have,nt done my family tree proply as yet ,but do have all ,births deaths marriages of the morgans from 1790,so if i can help just ask good look in your search
best wishes Dutch