Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Mottershead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paulette

Paulette Report 21 Feb 2005 21:44

I am looking for anyone researching the Mottershead tree, which includes my g.g.grandmother Elizabeth Mottershead born Hackney in 1834. She married James Robinson from Leek.

Kay

Kay Report 7 Oct 2007 19:13

Hi Paulette, it is a long time since you posted this message about the Mottersheads. I have a Martha Mottershead in my tree 1796. She married Joseph Adshead. I would love to know who her parents were, any idea?

Kay Hewson

Richard

Richard Report 17 Aug 2014 15:56

Paulettte, not too sure if you are still looking. I found this query, through a google search, as I currently working on the Leek (Staffordshire) Mottersheads, of which Elizabeth is a part.

Elizabeth is the sister of my 3rd Great-Grandfather, Thomas. ( son of James Mottershead and Mary Hulme).

Unfortunately, I do not know that much about Elizabeth, but I am investigating the origins of this family.

If you like to get in touch, I'd be happy to try to help.

Regards,

Richard Mottershead

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Aug 2014 16:21

Hello, Richard -
Welcome to the boards.

As it's such a long time since Paulette started this thread, she's not likely to be looking for replies here now. Your best bet will be to click on her name at the top of her post, and send a private message. If she still has the same email address, GenesReunited will notify her of your message.

If she replies, GR will send you an email to let you know.

If you'd like some help from the helpers here in researching Elizabeth or other family members, please tell us what you know already, and what you hope to find.