Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hilda

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Mar 2008 13:39

Trying to find any details re Hilda Nicholls born 27th Aug 1909 - Died 1952. Married to Ernest Castle. They had 4 children, Marion 1929 and died 1929, Florence born 1930 (my mum), Windsor born 1932 & Ernest born 1936.
She was my Grandma & was supposed to have been adopted after being born at Bagthorpe hospital in Nottingham.
Her mum was called Mabel. Ive tried to find info before my Grandma was born but always hit a blank wall.
It's details of her past i'm interested in and any help would be fantanstic!! I've tried everything any info no matter how small would be brill thanx.

K

K Report 9 Mar 2008 13:46

Just a thought but I wonder whether Mabel later married. The following is the only marriage I could find in Nottingham

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1911 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NICHOLLS Mabel Basford 7b 329
Swann Thomas Basford 7b 329

Likewise this is the only birth for a Mabel Nicholls in Nottinghamshire between 1880 and 1894

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Births Jun 1889 (>99%)

Nicholls Mabel Basford 7b 228

I would think this was Mabel in 1901. Is there anyway you could check the daughter's birth cert for mother's address etc. I stress this is only an educated guess

Name: Mabel Nicholls
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Thomas
Mother's Name: Sarah
Where born: Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, England

Civil Parish: Hucknall Torkard
Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary
County/Island: Nottinghamshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education: