Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hi there i am trying to find my grandad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 12 Mar 2011 15:10

Hi there i am trying to trace my grandad on my mums side of the family, his name is John Cedric Nicholls.. i was told he has passed away but im not sure if this information is correct, i know some of the family are from the Kettering area as my mum was born there,i know my mum was born in kettering and she has 2 older sisters and a brother that was adopted straight from birth,she has never seen her sisters or brother as her mum gave her away when she was 3mnths old,and she was brought up with another family,she often talks about what her family would have been like,and especially her dad,a daughter always needs a dad but she never knew hers,this makes me want to search for my grandad even more,and any other family i may have

patchem

patchem Report 12 Mar 2011 15:18

Approximate year of birth for him (or your Mum)?
Thanks

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 12 Mar 2011 15:55

Mum: 4th April 1968

jax

jax Report 12 Mar 2011 16:06

Looks like he could have been born in 1930

If he died in the last 5 years the details will not be on line

jax

Ignore my pm that may not be him aghhh must get eyes tested

Mike *

Mike * Report 12 Mar 2011 16:13

Will PM possible birth for John C in Northamptonshire

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 12 Mar 2011 16:37

i am trying to find out where he was born.. i did hear a story that he had moved to spain at some point in his life.. i think that may have possibly been a rumour....

jax

jax Report 12 Mar 2011 16:48

Kirsty..... Mike and I have both sent private messages whuch you have not opened

go to top of screen Messages white envelope and click inbox

Ignore my one though

jax

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 12 Mar 2011 20:37

i read those msgs jax.. i replied to Mike.. i know he was with a Chiplin when my mum was born....