Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Chown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 6 Feb 2004 17:48

I was born Mary Elizabeth Nicholls in Penzance, Cornwall. I am trying to link up with the families of two brothers, John Nicholls and Thomas Nicholls. Both John and Thomas emigrated to Australia in the late 1890s or early 1900s. John was born in Madron, Cornwall in 1869 and Thomas was born in Madron, Cornwall in 1874. They were the sons of Nicholas Thomas Nicholls from Madron (1840-1900) and Mary Ann Jenkin also from Madron (1841 - after 1901) who farmed at Landithy, Madron. My grandfather, was Walter Henry Nicholls, born in Madron in 1877. He became the proprietor of Wilton & Nicholls Ltd., Ironmongers of Penzance, Cornwall. My father, John and his two brothers, Walter Roy and Frank were also in the business. Please respond if you are descended from either John or Thomas Nicholls from Madron, Cornwall. Regards, Mary Chown