Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Nicholls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 21 Oct 2004 00:31

Robert Nichols (20/10/2004 12:53:09) | Update Message | Delete Message hi everyone, as all nichols family know, our surname has altered considerably over the yrs. certainly in my tree alone we have been nichols, nicholls, nickells, and nickholds. for over 200yrs my line were living within the city walls of norwich in norfolk and predominantly used the parish church of st michael at thorne, but on an odd occasion st peter mancroft and st johns timberhill. sadly all parish records were lost at st michaels during the bombings of norwich in the 2nd ww. (AT's are available but very poor.) to cut a long story short...i have found the marriage and banns of my g.g.g.grandfather timothy nickholds who married an ann winner (or venner) on the 22/10/1788 at st johns timberhill in norwich. i cannot find his birth or christening details at all and dont know which parish in norfolk he may have originated from. if anyone on the site can assist me...............well im sure you all know how great it feels to find 'that missing link'. cheers bob nichols