Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Peart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 10 Jun 2004 09:43

Gillian Gasper (nee Peart). I'm trying to trace the Peart family originating from the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire areas. My grandfather was called Oliver Charles Peart born in Kidlington in Oxfordshire on 14th March 1885. His mother was Mary Jane Peart, daughter of Thomas and Louisa Peart (nee Goldsmith). Mary Jane also became Mary Jane Allen, linking to a gentleman by the name of Willliam Allen (a baker), also from the Oxfordshire area. No mention of Oliver's father on birth certificate unfortunately. I have strong evidence to support that Mary Jane was also known as Mary Jane Smith. Both born in Swindon in 1861. If anyone has any links to these names mentioned or any evidence I would be very grateful. Furthur research has revealed a strong link to a Charles Smith from Swindon. We believe Charles Smith to be Oliver's natural father. Please can anyone help??