Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding great grandfathers name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 21 Nov 2007 17:49

Hi

Can someone help me find my great grandfathers name please??

My great grandmother was Ceridewen Elizabeth Roberts (born approx 1920 in wales) and her and her husband had 3 children Ronald David and Elzabeth (all were born in the 1940s). But unfortunately i do not have the fathers name to continue this line any further and my grand father cannot remember it.

Any help greatly appreciated

Many thanks

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 21 Nov 2007 17:55

where did they marry?

Is Roberts her maiden name or her married name?

Samantha

Samantha Report 22 Nov 2007 08:12

HI

Im not sure entirely when they married and no Roberts was her married name (i dont know her maiden name im afraid)

Penny

Penny Report 22 Nov 2007 08:13

one of the childrens birth cert will tell you her maiden name

Pam

Pam Report 22 Nov 2007 09:06

Searched for a birth for Ceridewen Elizabeth (no surname used) from 1915 but found nothing on transcribed data.

You need access to birth registrations from 1940' ish and you will need to search every quarter to find Ronald, David and Elizabeth Roberts all with matching mother's maiden name. Is there one of these three that you know the year of birth for ?

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 Nov 2007 11:56

what was your great grandfathers name?

Samantha

Samantha Report 22 Nov 2007 14:02

Lol - wayne i dont know my great grandfathers name thats why im asking. : )

I am going to try and get hold of my grandmother today to find out my grandads year of birth - i know it is march 13th 194?

lulabelle

lulabelle Report 22 Nov 2007 14:37

Hi Samantha,

Do you know when/where your gtgrandmother died?

Lou

Samantha

Samantha Report 22 Nov 2007 16:40

Im guessing she died in North Wales as she never left it - think i will ring my grandparents tonight to try adn get more information. I will report back with any findings

Samantha

Samantha

Samantha Report 22 Nov 2007 19:13

Hi All

Found out for definate that my grandfathers birthday was 13th february 1939.

i have also been informed that his mother was Ceridwen Elizabeth Roberts and someone has emailed me telling me my grandfathers name was Daniel L Davies 1st qtr 1938 at Hiraethog 1b 497.They married
can anyone clarify this for me please

lulabelle

lulabelle Report 22 Nov 2007 23:11

Samantha,

What is your grandfather's name?

Lou

Rose77

Rose77 Report 23 Nov 2007 17:27

I found it on 'Ancestry' in the marriage section the birthdate seems to be correct with the marriage date - don't you think?
Irene

Samantha

Samantha Report 24 Nov 2007 16:11

lulabelle - my gradnfathers name is Ronald Roberts