Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wallace

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

highland

highland Report 23 Feb 2008 19:53

Could the name Wallace also become Walter. On the North Wales BMD 'Wallace' doesn't seem to be popular but lots of Walters. On Ancestry I came up with Brian Wallace Smith but that's not him!!
Regards
Sandra

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 23 Feb 2008 20:11

Give us what you know for sure.

Suzanne

highland

highland Report 24 Feb 2008 10:54

Hi Suzanne
I have a Wallace Smith who married Frances Lloyd. Frances also married Wlliam Collier. I have found out on the North Wales BMD that William Collier died in Flint in 1920. The first child of Frances and William's was born in 1910. That would make Frances 28yrs old. There are three children left that I can't put a Collier name to so I presume they are Wallaces. Did Frances marry Wallace first and have three children with him or was he a widower with three children and therefore she married him after 1920!!! I am stuck because I can't find Wallace either BMD or Ancestry.
regards
Sandra

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 24 Feb 2008 11:31

When did Wallace marry Frances? Where? Do you have certificate? What is Wallace's father's name?

Suzanne

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 24 Feb 2008 11:37

Just popping out..taking my mum to lunch...will look in later.

Suzanne

highland

highland Report 24 Feb 2008 15:06

Since this name 'Wallace' was taken from some paper work of my fathers all I have is Wallace Smith and Frances Lloyd no other details. I am thinking that the wrong name may have been added if I can't find any details at all, no birth or marriage. I will pass on that one for now and get on with some other names. Thanks for your help.
Sandra

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 24 Feb 2008 16:34

could this be the scenario if the wallace name was wrong ( all details taken from freebmd)
poss marraige:
Frances Lloyd & Albert Smith Chester 1904
poss death Albert Smith Chester 1905 age 23
poss marriage
Frances smith & William Collier Chester 1909

highland

highland Report 24 Feb 2008 20:51

Thanks Anne for the info I shall definately look into those names and dates. The Chester area is about 12 miles away from Flint so it could be what I am looking for.
Sandra

John

John Report 2 Sep 2008 10:29

Sandra,
My garndfather bLondon 1880 was named Wallace James Smith. However, he is recorded in the 1881 census as Walter. Could the census taker have misheard or assumed that 'little Wal', he was only a month plus, was in fact 'little Walter'?
John Smith