Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to Find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~*One Of A Kind*~

~*One Of A Kind*~ Report 13 Apr 2008 19:52

Hello,
I'm trying to find out more information about my Grandmother Lillian Smith , Born 17th July 1915.I don't know much about her only snippets of information i have been told over the years.
I Know she had four sons, Roy in 1935 ( my dad ), Derek 1937, Brian 1939 and Raymond 1941, All born in Rochford Essex . Their father was Herbert Teager ,he was from the London or Essex area.
I Know that my Grandparents parted in the 1940's . So without knowing their places of birth i dont know where to start, so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated .

Kind Regards

Sharon

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 14 Apr 2008 08:28

Do you know if Lillian had a middle name?
There are several Lillian Smith's born Q3 1915, so if she had a middle name it would help eliminate some.

Maybe if you get your dads birth certificate, it could give you extra info.

Do you have any idea when or where Lillian & Herbert married, as a marriage certificate should give their fathers names. This would help to eliminate some of the births, also. (You would have to make this a 'checking point' when ordering a certificate, but if it's not the correct person you don't get the certificate or pay the full amount)

brubra

brubra Report 14 Apr 2008 10:00

Here's the marriage:

Q4 1934 Rochford Ref 4a 1800

Herbert Teager
Lilian M Smith

brubra

brubra Report 14 Apr 2008 10:06

As Julie said there are a number of Lilian Smith's born in 1915. The next stage would be to order the marriage certificate that would give Lilian's father's name. You can order them online at GRO I think they cost about £7

Barbara

brubra

brubra Report 14 Apr 2008 10:08

On the marriage record there is only one 'L' in Lilian (well two really!).

~*One Of A Kind*~

~*One Of A Kind*~ Report 14 Apr 2008 18:31

Thanks Barbara,

YOU 'RE A STAR ! !
I will order the marriage certificate and see where that takes me from there :)

Kind Regards
Sharon

~*One Of A Kind*~

~*One Of A Kind*~ Report 14 Apr 2008 18:34

Sorry Soph, i dont know her parents names at all.

Sharon

Brian

Brian Report 14 Apr 2008 19:25

Could see only one Herbert TEAGER between 1900 and 1920, Charles Herbert TEAGER born 1902 Ipswich Suffolk. He must have died before 1983.