Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jack Henry Smith - Portsmouth Hampshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 6 May 2008 21:57

Please could anyone help me find out some more on Jack Henry Smith, died 1951-1952. he married Florence May Wellstead

Thanks Kerry

brubra

brubra Report 7 May 2008 08:45

Was he born in Portsmouth? Was the death registered in Portsmouth? Any idea when he was born?

Mavis

Mavis Report 7 May 2008 12:31

Jack Henry Smith died 48y march Q 1954
6b 955 Portsmouth
does not appear to be a Jack Henry Smith
birth 1905 / 06
more than likely John Henry Smith a lot of them ??!!!!

Mavis

Kerry

Kerry Report 8 May 2008 12:48

Hello all,

im afraid im have very little info on Jack Henry Smith, he was my fathers father. i know he died when my dad (raymond Alan Smith born 1948) was 3 or 4 in portsmouth, This is the name given on the birth certificate of my father and his brothers, Florence May maiden name i believe was Vear - she married a smith then married a wellstead.

Thankyou all for your help

Kerry

brubra

brubra Report 8 May 2008 19:52

married 1946 Q3 Portsmouth ref 6b 1271
Jack H Smith
Florence M Vear

brubra

brubra Report 8 May 2008 19:55

If you apply for the marriage cert it should tell you their father's names and occupations

Kerry

Kerry Report 8 May 2008 20:01

Thank you so much barbara ill do that and go from there

Thanks again
Kerry

brubra

brubra Report 8 May 2008 20:04

you're welcome. Good luck. If you need any further help when you get it just add it to this thread

Barbara