Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harvey Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marion

Marion Report 16 Oct 2008 18:31

Harvey Smith the Father of Ethel Florence b1906/7 she Married Henry Lamb in 1930 Newcastle. She died 1939 age 32yr in Newcastle. I assumed she must have been born there but I can't find Harvey her father any were? there are 3 Ethel F. on freeband but I am not sure that it is her? On Ethels marriage cert. it said his occupatoin was a Platelayer so maybe he travelled. Can anyone help me find him please, Thank you
Harold

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 16 Oct 2008 18:45

There is one Ethel Florence born Newcastle so maybe you could order that with Harvey as father as a checking point.

Births Mar 1907 (>99%)

SMITH Ethel Florence Newcastle T. 10b 126

Christine

Marion

Marion Report 16 Oct 2008 19:01

Christine, I am a bit reluctant to send for this cert. as I have wasted money on cert before and ended up beening the wrong one. I appreciate your help very much thank you
Yours Harold

jansmith

jansmith Report 16 Oct 2008 19:06

Are the names of the witnesses on the marriage cert relatives of hers?

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 16 Oct 2008 19:09

It's up to you of course but if you ask for the checking reference I think they refund £4 from the £7.

I haven't found a Harvey Smith in the Newcastle area but of course as the census was 6 years earlier he could have been anywhere.

Occupation platelayer sounds as if it could have been the railways.

Christine

jansmith

jansmith Report 16 Oct 2008 19:11

You may be able to narrow her year of birth by her age on marriage cert (date of marriage) and date of death

Marion

Marion Report 16 Oct 2008 19:20

Ethel was 24 on her marriage and the witnesses were a George Jenkings and I assume her father Harvey but there is also a sarah Cato? "I wonder if this is her mothers maiden name"

jansmith

jansmith Report 16 Oct 2008 19:25

A bit of maths(might have to ask my daughter!)
What was marriage date and death date?

Marion

Marion Report 16 Oct 2008 19:29

Sorry Janice I was replying back to Christine.
Her marriage was 10 Nov 1930 and she was 24 her death was March 1939 and she was 32yr

jansmith

jansmith Report 16 Oct 2008 19:41

My daughter thinks she would have been born sometime between March-Nov 1906?

jansmith

jansmith Report 16 Oct 2008 19:47

I see it wasnt registered until Apr-June quarter ,so late March when she died
IF!! she was registered w ith both names then there is only one born in Northampton
BUT if not then you still have quite a few Ethels

Marion

Marion Report 16 Oct 2008 19:48

Thank you Janice.
Kind Regards
Harold