Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rev Henry Smith Orkneys in Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hazel

Hazel Report 1 Mar 2009 16:05

I am trying to trace members the Rev Henry Smith's Family he was a minster in the Orkneys but had came from Logie-Coldstone in Aberdeen his wife's maiden name was Margaret Anderson and her family were farmers in the Orkneys in Scotland they had 7 children one of them was my Father his name was James Bey Smith

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Mar 2009 19:47

need some dates to help really

Hazel

Hazel Report 8 Apr 2010 11:01

Hello I will give you the dates for the Rev Henry Smith and his family

Father James Smith
Occupation Shoe Maker and Crofter of 38 acrs
Mother Elizabeth Smith nee Stewart
Address West Braehead
Logie-Coldstone and cromar Parish
Aberdeenshire

Henry born in 1859, Baptised 29/10/1859,Died 11/5/1932
he was educated at Tarland and Migvie P.S Old and New Grammar School and the University of Aberadeen he became a M.A in 1886 and a B.D in 1890 and was licenced by the presbytery of Aberadeen on the 7/5/1889

Married Maria Clara Watt they had 3 children, Clara died in 1907
Children
Jane Mary Cruickshank 1887
Harriet Stewart 1899
Catherine Watt Ethel 1904

He Married Margaret Jean Anderson eldest daughter of Thomas Anderson Farmer Langskaill Orkneys she was my G/Mother I don't know what Brothers or Sisters she had. He was Minster of lady church Orkneys my G/Mother died in June 1923.and they had 7 Children .

Children
Thomas Anderson1910
James Bey 1912 he was my Father
Harry Horatio 1914
Alexander Hercules 1915
Isbella 1917
Twins Cecelia and Magnus 1919

He married Floretto Portello in Oct-1924 they had no children