Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

andrew lloyd smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clair

Clair Report 15 May 2009 16:35

i am trying to find my dad nameds andrew lloyd smith. ex husband to linda joy smith maiden name cullum, then married helen smith dont no her maiden name. known father of me clair louise smith dob 08/08/1988 and my brother david andrew smith dob 13/04/1986. ex service man in the catering corp, i no he carried out his basic training in aldershot in 1978-79 i no his dad and step mum now live in wiltshire his real mum is registered living in marlow name kath curtis was smith but when divorced from my grandad went back to curtis his dad is david edgar smith step mum pat smith he has a brother called stuart smith my dad was born in wandsworth in 1962. if any1 can help me please contact me if more information needed let me no and i wil try 2 help thanks for your time clair smith.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 15 May 2009 16:45

Huh. I was just doing a search for it in another tab myself. Gone, is it?

Nope! And in fact, there are two.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1150857

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1149941

Claire probably needs to learn how these discussion boards work, and what the rules are.

Claire, if you happen to find this (which you do by clicking on 'My threads' on the left), please reply in this thread, rather than starting new threads. You do that by clicking on the purple reply button at the top. The other threads don't contain any useful info that isn't here, so you should delete them. One post per topic is the rule.

You really don't want to waste people's time by having different people go to the same effort to offer help, do you? But every time you start a new thread, someone will do that. (People often try to find info, and when they don't find anything, don't post a reply. Numerous people could have done that by now.)

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 15 May 2009 16:50

It's been suggested before that you search at

www.192.com

for family members, for instance his stepparents in Wiltshire.

In fact, they are there. Are you not in touch with them, or do they not know where Andrew is?

I will send you a private message with the electoral roll names.

You can then go to Whirley's thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1133232

and click on her name to send her a private message with that info and ask her to look up the details for you.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 15 May 2009 17:09

Hi Claire, I got your message -- sorry, but doing this by private message drives me right up a wall (unless there is personal information about living people, like what I sent you).

You need to answer in your thread. Click on the purple Reply button at the top and a box will open for you to type your reply in.

Are you in touch with Andrew's father and stepmother in Wiltshire?

If not, you can get their address, and maybe telephone number, by asking Whirley as I explained. You have to go to her thread and click on her name. You're a youngster -- you understand URLs, no?

If not, the easy way to do that is: look in the address line at the top of your monitor. At the end are the numbers 1151441. Change them to 1133232 and hit "Enter". That will take you to her thread.

Click on her name, and send her a message with the info I gave you in my message to you, and ask her to look up the address for you.

You can do the same for his mother, with the info you gave up top. Just tell Whirley her name and town. She is on the electoral roll too.

That won't help if you are in touch with them already and they don't know where Andrew is.

Do you know about when and where Andrew married Helen? There have been dozens of Andrew L Smith marriages since 1989, so you would have to narrow it down, to find the marriage.

If the marriage could be found (there is an index at Ancestry and I, for example, pay to be able to search it), it might be possible to see whether they had children, using her surname to search. Hopefully, she wasn't a Smith or Jones. That could give you an idea of the area they are living in, for searching on the electoral roll.

Hope that helps.

Clair

Clair Report 16 May 2009 14:53

i no about andrews and helens marriage i am in touch with his father and step mum they wont help i have thier address they dont want to no i'll try that whirley and see if she can find me his real mums address thanks

Clair

Clair Report 31 May 2009 20:03

hi still looking for my dad if anyone can help me wud b appriciated i do have sum information if need anymore than wat is already said above
thanks clair
:)))

Clair

Clair Report 5 Jun 2009 21:15

im still looking for my dad andrew lloyd smith if any1 can help me wud b much appricated
thanks clair

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 Jun 2009 21:48

Did you get his mother's address from Whirley? That should have been a piece of cake.

It just isn't likely that anyone here is going to have any way of finding Andrew, unfortunately.

Clair

Clair Report 7 Jul 2009 15:02

hi im stil tryin 2 find my dad his name in andrew lloyd smith i have other information on him if any 1 no's how to help or no's the name please contact me bac thanks

Clair

Clair Report 12 Sep 2009 17:34

hi still trying to find my dad andrew lloyd smith im gettin married next year and would like him there if any1 could help me please contact me i have more information if needed thanks clair

Clair

Clair Report 14 Oct 2009 08:49

still looking for my dad if anyone no anyway i can find him please help